|Me & FibroShark
- interval/tempo a custom piece made in two main segments, Lefty & Righty, took up a lot of time during the first couple months of the year;
- FibroShark Hungry Hatchfund campaign was funded in April, tho work had already begun;
- I had begun experimenting with making paper in January, & completed my first major work, The Book of Rainbows in April;
- Arborist began sometime in early summer as a means of making some extra cash, but since has turned into a defining segment of my portfolio;
- FibroShark Hungry was completed in late October... well, I say completed. The post-production is still happening, & the book will be released as soon as it's published;
- Arborist Notes evolved out of the original series combined with the idea that my hypergraphia & new love of paper-making could be put to good use;
- Further watercolor projects have also evolved from the Arborist series, & I am looking forward to possibly devising a tarot deck... maybe... after the current big project is completed & all obligations to backers are met;
- I've spent a lot of creative energies this year making art for people I love, (and that includes cooking!), & there is absolutely nothing I would change about any of it.
Finally, my health journey has continued to be front-&-center for me this year. Frankly, I think it'll be front-&-center for the rest of my life. I have taken a lot of time to care for myself, and I have accepted a lot of care from others.
In 2016 I'm looking forward to collaborating with colleagues, actually publishing FibroShark Hungry, & exploring further the tools I've gathered & skills I've developed. I love you all, & I can't way to share the next chapter of my career with you. Take care of each other this holiday season, & don't forget to call your mother -- unless that's not available to you, then feel free to call mine.